About the job Backend Software Developer, Los Alamos, NM/Remote
Backend Software Developer, Los Alamos, NM/Remote
- Direct Hire
- 100% Remote
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens
- Salary Target: Up to $125K (DOE)
Our client is seeking a self-motivated, full-stack software developer to join our team in support of the Science Resource Office where you will focus on creative problem solving while creating mission-critical software. The initial phase of the position will be focused on data migration in data sources such as MS SQL, Oracle SQL, MySQL. As the project matures there will be emphasis on full stack web development using HTML, CSS, JSON, Java or C#. Our objective is to deliver reliable, secure, and cost-effective software and applications that meet business and operational needs in support of the LANL mission. Our team provides software engineering services, custom application development, and commercial off the shelf application implementations.
- Lead the technical aspects of data migration, as well as provide hands-on operational support.
- As this service matures, the focus will shift to more of a technical product ownership role where hands-on full stack web development expertise, with a focus on web applications in support of further feature enhancements will be needed.
- Bachelors degree in a computer related field with five years related experience; or equivalent experience and education (AS + 9 years; MS + 2 years; No degree + 13 years).
- Experience managing and operating relational database products such as SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL and can configure, design, troubleshoot, and optimize both installations and individual databases.
- Some experience with xml, and complex SQL queries will be needed to support data migration between different database technologies.
- Development experience using industry-standard and/or leading web technologies and can competently develop in object-oriented languages such as Java or C#.
- Can obtain a DOE Q clearance.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field and 8 years of experience.
- Experience migrating data between MSS SQL and Oracle SQL.
- Experience with deploying, configuring, monitoring, and supporting Linux systems.
- Experience with any of the following: Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, Symfony.
- Experience developing accurate time estimates for completing tasks and communicating any anticipated delays to stakeholders and affected team members as early as possible.
- Experience with Cadre5 products, RESolution and/or PM2L.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.