About the job Data Analyst, Washington, DC, Hybrid
Data Analyst, Washington, DC, Hybrid
- Contract to Hire
- Hybrid (2 days onsite in DC/week)
- Security Clearance: OMB Public Trust, must be a US Citizen and get clearance before start. It usually takes 4-6 weeks .
An award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, seeking a Data Analyst, ideally with a background in cybersecurity, to join their team. The Data Analyst will work in a high-profile agency in the Executive Branch, at the very center of government management. Any candidate applying for this position must have superior communication skills, the ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze cybersecurity data, prepare data-rich presentations for senior government leaders and stakeholders, and exhibit great attention to detail. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment and prove daily your high value to the team.
This is a hybrid position with 3 days of remote work and 2 days on-site each week. The selected applicant must be located within a commutable distance of Washington, DC.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
In this role, you will work with our government clients to develop, deploy, and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions.
- Analyze, organize, and transform data into understandable reports, technical specifications, and visualizations.
- Develop business intelligence tools, database objects, ETL scripts, and SQL queries to extract information from data sets.
- Develops and identifies metrics, conducts analysis, and identifies gaps in data.
- Brings technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of cybersecurity data.
- Explains intricate technical processes in non-technical terms, and modernizes, maintains, and streamlines reports for technical and non-technical presentations to leadership.
- Organize and format data to ensure efficiency and quality in data storage and retrieval.
- Prepare and present quantitative data for an executive audience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in data analytics including at least 3 years of experience creating reports utilizing report writing software or Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Power BI, BIRT, OBIEE, Tableau, or Pentaho.
- Experience using common business intelligence tools, advanced Excel, and SQL.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with SQL optimization using indexes and query optimization..
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and pivot tables.
- Experience supporting CyberSecurity related projects.
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a "helping others helps us all" personality.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.