About the job Data Strategist/Architect, Remote
Data Strategist/Architect, Remote
- Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote (Must be able to work EST hours)
- W2 only (we offer various benefit options if needed)
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizen or a Green Card holders for this position
Seeking a well-versed, hands-on Data Strategist/Architect to join our National Practitioner Data Bank program team to collaborate and work with our Federal customer stakeholders and leadership to understand, document, enhance, implement, and continuously improve data analytics and related business processes on the program. You will provide technical leadership and hands-on expertise to promote and drive the data analytics and process innovation and program efficiency and effectiveness. As part of our continuous innovation process you will typically begin with understanding and documenting the current data analytics and related business processes followed by the hands-on stakeholder engagement to develop, maintain, and enhance our data governance processes, ETL processes and capabilities, Tableau dashboards, and process automation processes and capabilities, perform hands-on data analytics tasks using SQL, Python, and other tools to continuously enhance data quality, deliver data sets, and inform decision making, and identify and merge health analytics datasets in support of program initiatives.
- Work with client's program teams and Federal stakeholders to understand long-term program, technical, and process vision, documenting, enhancing, and optimizing data and business processes, and developing measures to monitor process effectiveness.
- Work in a large, integrated O&M and DME program team, security and software engineering teams, our customer service and operations team, and our policy, business process, and user centered design subject matter experts, involving multiple, cross functional agile teams.
- Help clarify requirements and propose a choice of solution options and roadmaps that meet business milestones while working hands-on to implement, maintain, and continuously enhance the programs data and process automation capabilities.
- Help perform decision analysis and resolution studies of new technologies, developing value stream maps to support process automation implementation, as well as working hands-on with the implementation and continuous enhancement of data analysis, ETL, Tableau, process automation, ML/NLP projects while helping to implement best practices, enhance data governance, data analytics and related business processes, and the supporting systems.
- Provide expertise on continuous process improvement strategies, organizational redesign, change management projects, and performance measures for multiple, simultaneous and complex initiatives.
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and analyze business needs and process and system enhancements, conducting requirements gathering, and defining scope and objectives, identifying and eliminating duplication, streamlining, centralizing, ETL, data, and business improvement processes, etc.
- Use quantitative analysis methodology to perform data, cost and benefit, and/or process measurement analysis.
- Research industry trends for application of process improvement techniques, new tools, health analytics data sets, and best practices.
- Partner with Federal business process owners, stakeholders, and researchers on strategic initiatives.
- Mentor, coach and grows the skills of junior through senior professionals.
- Hands-on resolution of open-ended complex data analytics and business problems.
- 10+ years of experience with Masters Degree; 12+ with Bachelors Degree.
- 3+ years in a technical lead/architect role.
- Experience in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Experience as a high-level architect to design, implement, and maintain a BI strategy and platform.
- Superior data visualizations development skills using Tableau or other equivalent tools.
- Superior SQL skills for modeling and data analysis purposes.
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior-senior data analysts to provide master data management and data governance support, research and data analytics and solutions, and data integrity and data cleansing support to Federal customers and stakeholders.
- Superior writing and communication skills. Must write succinctly and clearly and explain complex situations in plain English to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior multi-tasking and organization skills. Must manage multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize assignments and tasks accordingly, remaining flexible to changing priorities and new initiatives using an agile kanban system.
- Experience developing and implementing data governance policies and supporting infrastructures spanning diverse stakeholders.
- Experience proactively identifying and working collaboratively with stakeholders to resolve data anomalies, data quality, and compliance issues in administrative data.
- Superior customer service skills working proactively and collaboratively with Federal research, compliance, and policy staff and stakeholders to implement and enhance internal and external management reports and public-facing data analysis tools and data sets.
- Experience evaluating and merging analytics data sets to augment and streamline existing processes and deliverables.
- Knowledge of business intelligence, ETL, data analytics, and data warehouse COTS solution space.
- Experience conducting trade studies and implementing business intelligence tools/solutions in collaboration with Federal customers and stakeholders.
- Experience working in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment and familiarity with cloud native tools.
- Experience using manipulating and presenting data using MS Excel.
- Experience using Atlassian Confluence and Jira or other equivalent toolset.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an HHS Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience as a technical lead/architect on multiple engagements.
- Experience with AI/ML and RPA.
- Experience conducting statistical and mathematical modeling and analysis using SAS and R.
- Experience using statistical algorithms, techniques and models to define data for data integrity and process analytics.
- Experience conducting health care related research and analytics.
- Experience working with Federal Government clients.
- HHS experience
- Lean Six Sigma (or equivalent) certified.
- Current Public Trust suitability
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.