About the job IT Director, Arlington, VA
IT Director, Arlington, VA
- Direct Hire
- Remote, with occasional requirements on-site in Arlington, VA. Candidate must be local to MD/DC/VA.
The IT Director will be responsible for overseeing and supporting all aspects of the organization's technology operations and systems. They will assist with the development and implementation of the technology roadmap, manage technology resources and personnel, and ensure the security and reliability of the organization's technology systems.
The IT Director will work closely with the CIO to develop the organization's technical strategy and will be responsible for its execution. In addition, the IT Director will represent IT while working with other departments and stakeholders to understand their technology needs and to identify opportunities to leverage technology to meet business objectives. The IT Director will be responsible for vendor management, including a Managed Service Provider (MSP) that follows the ITIL V3 framework.
- Manage day-to-day technology operations and ensure systems are available, secure, with well documented continuity plans and comply to SLAs.
- Lead complex technology projects, including planning, executing, monitoring, and closing.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve technical problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee technology budgets and resources effectively and identify opportunities to create value.
- Negotiate and manage relationships with technology vendors and service providers.
- Possess a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies, and a commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. MBA or MSM a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in IT leadership roles, with a strong technical background and leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems.
- Ability to manage teams and resources effectively, and to inspire and motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage complex technology projects.
- Expert problem-solving abilities, with the ability to prioritize to ensure business needs are met and value is delivered.
- Skilled risk management capabilities, able to identify and mitigate technology-related risks, and to ensure the security and privacy of sensitive data.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development, to stay current with emerging technologies and trends.
- Experience with IT compliance standards and practices.
- Preferred: experience with MS Security Suite, Google Workspace, O365, Active Directory, Exchange, Azure, Smartsheet, ITIL, and data analytics/reporting/visualization.
- Cybersecurity certification/experience and SQL/DB skills are a plus.
- Experience supporting IT operations within the construction industry is desired.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.