About the job Sr. Data Solutions Engineer, Remote
Sr. Data Solutions Engineer, Remote
- Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizen or a Green Card holders for this position
- NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS PLEASE! CANDIDATES MUST BE SELF-REPRESENTED.
Seeking a Senior Data Solutions Engineer to support a federal government client in the DC metro area (Note - your work location is REMOTE). In this assignment, you will be a team member serving the client in advancing the customers use data, metadata, as well as explore new technologies to better meet those needs. Will be converting from Erwin to Sparx EA.
This is a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and a background in developing data solutions across the data lifecycle.
- Research, design, build, optimize and maintain reliable, efficient, and accessible data models, systems and pipelines/APIs etc.
- Support, with guidance, the analytic and/or operational use of data.
- Align closely with Enterprise partners in data science, architecture, governance, infrastructure, and security to apply standards and optimize production environments and practices.
- Collaborate with business owners to optimize data collection, movement, storage, and usage to data process and data quality.
- Convert concepts & ideas into workable prototypes (custom or COTS products) for client reviews and acceptance.
- Translate business needs into:
- data architecture solutions development within supported data systems.
- data orchestration pipelines (source to target analysis & recommendations), data sourcing, cleansing, augmentation and quality control processes within supported data systems.
- Prototype, test and integrate new data tools (i.e. data features and functionality) as defined by the product owners and business teams
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems management or similarly related degree.
- Must have prior experience as a Data Modelor
- 3-5 years of professional data solutions development and implementation experience with:
- AWS (Glue, Athena, API Gateway)
- SQL, NoSQL
- Data developments with modeling tools such as Neo4J, Erwin, Embarcadero, transforming logical, physical, conceptual, reverse engineering & forward engineering.
- Dashboard development and reporting with PowerBI
- Data Movement tools such as Informatica & others
- Jira and Confluence
- Unit testing
- RESTful API Development
- Desire and willingness to learn new data tools
- Has an Agile mindset and iterative development process background
- Prior experience with CMS data experience
- AWS CDK and/or other AWS services (or comparable cloud data solutioning tools)
- Experience with Git and CICD pipelines
- Relational database design
- Microservices / Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS)
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.