About the job Sr. Healthcare Claims Systems Analyst/Tester, Remote
Sr. Healthcare Claims Systems Analyst/Tester, Remote
- Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens or a Green Card holders for this position
- NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS PLEASE! CANDIDATES MUST BE SELF-REPRESENTED.
- W2 Only
Security Clearance Level: Public Trust; Candidate must have been in the US for 3 of the last 5 years and will be required to go through a public trust background investigation.
As a Sr. Healthcare Claims Systems Analyst/Tester you will joining our client's team to perform analysis, assist with mining data for matching and implementing software solutions to coordinate the exchange of data between Medicare and the Veterans Administration. In this position you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be looking for continual growth, can think strategically and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
- Actively participates in large group discussions re: the business needs and associated systems changes.
- Analyzes functional changes to be made to existing or proposed systems.
- Creates functional/system requirements/documents/diagrams that will include information about required changes to data marts, web front-end, database, web service, RESTful service, batch processing.
- Creates test cases that include prerequisite steps, input/data scenarios, test steps, and expected results.
- Prepares test data to satisfy test scenarios.
- Performs manual testing of test cases and documents evidence of expected results being met.
- Opens defects when found during system testing, and coordinates with developer through resolution; retests defects when coding is complete.
- Participates in internal peer reviews of requirements, test cases, technical design, and code/unit test results.
- Provides estimates on upcoming work.
- Supports the UAT effort. Troubleshoots and provides support to Production Support as needed. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintains/gains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required. Occasional need to provide support off-hours for ad hoc deployments to Production and for quarterly release implementations.
Education: Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 10+ years of experience directly related to computer functional/systems analysis.
- 8+ years of experience writing functional/system requirements.
- 8+ years of experience writing test cases and performing manual test execution on batch systems and web front-end systems
- 5+ years working in the Healthcare Claims Industry
Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in systems/functional analysis and software testing.
- Proficiency in creating and running SQL queries.
- Demonstrated familiarity with datamarts is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamentals associated with complex data models.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle simultaneous assignments and meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of Medicare claims processing.
- Knowledge of Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) preferred.
- Knowledge of VA claims processing a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.