About the job Data Scientist, Remote
Data Scientist, Remote
- Direct Hire
- Remote (ideal candidate will be located in the MD/DC area)
- We will consider US Citizen, Green Card, or EAD for this position.
- Salary Target: $100-125K (DOE)
- Up to 20% travel
Data Scientist will join a growing team of exceptional individuals. Ideally, she/he is adept at manipulating large data sets, and at developing and using machine learning models to solve our clients’ challenges.
- Effectively test and validate the quality, reliability, and accuracy of clients’ data sets.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets (machine learning).
- Leverage predictive modeling techniques using available open-source libraries.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement, test and monitor new models.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance over time.
- Responsible for the quality and performance of generated code, certified by functional and unit tests integrated into the CI chain.
- Take part in the design and development of data products.
- Embed models in web applications or deploy models as services.
- Relevant Master-level degree from a leading university (Data Science, Machine Learning expertise).
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Proficient in Python, pandas and scikit-learn.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, boosting, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world applicability.
- Proficient with Linux ecosystem: Bash, ssh, virtualization, automation.
- Experience with databases: SQL & NoSQL (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis, Hive).
- Comfortable working with git for Continuous Integration and Deployment cycles (gitlab-ci, docker-compose).
- Good command of various data mining / data analysis methods and tools, in an open-source environment.
- Proven ability to build and implement machine learning models/algorithms and create/run simulations.
- Motivation to drive business results using a data-driven approach.
- Adequate level of comfort to work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Passion for innovation and cutting-edge technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Drive to learn and master new technologies and tools in a dynamic, state-of-the-art environment.
- Some experience in one or several of the following areas:
- building REST APIs, data models and predictions exposed as API endpoints
- deploying models and data products in production
- data visualization and dashboarding (PowerBI, Tableau)
- text mining and NLP
- cloud providers is a plus (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Team playing skills.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.