About the job Senior Network Engineer (Secret Cleared or Clearable), Columbia, MD
Senior Network Engineer (Secret Cleared or Clearable), Columbia, MD
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens for this position.
- Active Secret Clearance preferred, however we will consider candidates who are clearable and able to be processed for a Secret clearance upon hire.
- Salary: Up to $170K + Benefits (DOE)
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the daily technical support of network activities in a multi-vendor, multi-platform computer environment and for the installation, maintenance, and tuning of network software and hardware. You will provide technical assistance with Optimization of end-to-end network system performance and traffic flow management; minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through problem analysis and use of network performance analytic tools; and design and verify network solutions to support requirements for routing protocols, policy based routing, traffic shaping, border gateway protocols, tunneling IP Security, network address translations, network security, firewall contexts, load-balancing, latency, data throughput, WAN acceleration, and monitoring.
- U.S Citizenship
- DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one
- 10+ years' experience in IT or related technical field
- 5+ years' with VMware
- 4+ years' experience with network visibility and traffic monitoring
- Ability to perform tasks under limited supervision
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience installing, configuring, and administering the following technologies: CISCO, VMware vSphere, NSX-T, Next-GEN Firewalls, Software Defined WAN, Software Defined Perimeter, and Gigamon.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.