Job Openings Service Manager (Heavy Equipment Rentals), Jackson, TN
About the job Service Manager (Heavy Equipment Rentals), Jackson, TN
Service Manager (Heavy Equipment Rentals), Jackson, TN
- Relocation assistance available.
- The Service Manager directs the Yard Technician, Shop Technician and Machine technician at various levels of maintenance, repair, and rental preparation.
- This role organizes field service runs and repair schedules.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis on major repairs, orders, and tracks parts, and manages shop traffic.
- The Service Manager may supplement technicians as needed. Assists
the rental counter and the Operations Manager.
- Manage a team of field service technicians, providing proper direction & complete instruction to ensure all offsite equipment is inspected, repaired, documented, and maintained to the manufacturers specifications.
- Accept internal & external client phone calls, emails & texts and effectively assist these clients with their equipment service needs.
- Manages the level of not available and/or down fleet to meet organization goals.
- Creates and manages an effective workflow in the shop.
- Creates and maintains a shop environment that is safe, organized, and clean.
- Effectively communicate complete customer, unit & job information to field service personnel.
- Assist service technicians with the needed information including and not limited to schematics, inspection forms, work orders, and service bulletins.
- Maintain constant communication with active customers to resolve service issues, assist with questions, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Maintain parts inventory for location and all service vehicles for location.
- Quote service repairs for internal & external customers in tandem with our service sales representative.
- Open and close job work orders for internal & external customers.
- Invoice completed quotes/work orders within 72 hours of the completed job by field service tech.
- Assist in maintaining needed service reports.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Minimum of 1-year supervisory experience in managing a team is required.
- Experience performing major repairs on heavy equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical and hydraulic system.
- Must have own basic tools.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Outlook, Excel,
- Excellent Customer Service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Valid Drivers License with a clean driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles per insurance requirements may be required on a case-by-case basis.
- Achieves quality standards.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.