About the job Data Scientist (Secret Cleared), Fort Liberty, NC
Data Scientist (Secret Cleared), Fort Liberty, NC
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens with at least a Secret Clearance for this position
- NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS PLEASE! CANDIDATES MUST BE SELF-REPRESENTED.
- Salary Target: $95-107K (DOE)
Seeking a Data Scientist with an active Secret Clearance to support a long-term data contract for the Special Operations Command (SOCOM).
Will have ability to get a Top Secret/SCI.
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by other data professionals.
- Apply and develop scientific methodology, statistics, and algorithms to discover and frame relevant problems, hypotheses, and opportunities.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive modeling, natural language processing (NLP), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), text mining and processing, clustering, forecasting methods, and other advanced statistical techniques.
- Design and automate processes to facilitate the manipulation and analysis of data. Manage and integrate data across dissimilar data sets.
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data.
- Use frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop to conduct large-scale data processing. Perform statistical modeling and create data visualizations using products like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and R Shiny.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms to solve complex problems.
- Program using R, Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas) or similar analytical languages.
- Perform data engineering, data processing and modeling techniques using cloud-based data management, data science, and ML platforms such as Databricks, IBM Cloud Pak, Cloudera, and Snowflake.
- Communicate complex concepts and hypothesis to a non-technical audience through digital storytelling.
- Be capable of instructing others on the use of Data Science practices and capabilities.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current Active Secret Clearance. Top Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience. Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.).
- Proficient in Agile Development and Git Operations.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM field is required. Masters degree is preferred in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields. Education requirements can be waived with extensive work experience and a reviewable work portfolio is available.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry's leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.