About the job Controller, Baltimore, MD/Remote
Controller, Baltimore, MD/Remote
- This is a hybrid position. Can work remote except for Tuesdays needed in office.
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens for this position.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s daily financial activities, including accounting, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. You will also help guide the Company's strategic financial decisions and lead the financial activities required to enable the Company's growth through M&A.
- Accounting: Oversee and approve all accounting activities including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, filing of state and federal taxes, and preparation of financial statements.
- Financial Forecasting: Provide financial information needed to Company's decision makers to enable the creation of strategic plans and create next year's budget.
- Enhance Financial Checks and Controls: Ensure integrity in financial reporting by formulating policies and procedures. Create, maintain, and monitor a system of checks and controls to keep the Company safe from financial fraud.
- Evaluate Financial Risk: Work with Senior Leaders to conduct risk analysis involving operations, compliance, or reputation.
- Develop Corporate Financial Growth Plans: Design, create, and articulate plans that create business growth and drive new opportunities.
- U.S Citizenship
- 15+ years' experience in Accounting
- Active Certified Public Accountant
- Strong hands-on experience with Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense
- Experience evaluating a company's financial performance, forecasting the financial future, making financial decisions, and budgeting capital.
- Experience analyzing a company's past financial performance, estimating its future performance, and valuing its equity. Proven ability interpreting financial statements with skill and precision.
- Experience auditing a company's financial records through the application of GAAP accounting principles and practices.
- Experience designing and executing a company's budget.
- Strong understanding of government contract types and rate build-up.
- Experience with ICE preparation.
- Experience supporting government proposals.
- Experienced change management leader able to manage cash flow fluctuations, acquisitions or sales, and executive leadership transitions.
- Emotionally intelligent leader with a proven ability to build strong relationships and develop and motivate effective teams.
- Strong communicator both orally and in written form with a proven ability to explain financial policies and procedures to staff members and organizational leaders. Able to represent the Company in the media, serving as the face and voice of the organization.
- Experience supporting M&A and integrating heterogeneous financial systems.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.