About the job Sr. Systems Analyst, Remote
Sr. Systems Analyst, Remote
- Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote with working hours in EST time zone
- W2 only (we offer various benefit options if needed)
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizen or a Green Card holders who are self represented for this position
1st shift hours (9AM - 5PM EST).
As a Sr. Systems Analyst supporting the Medicare Secondary Payer Systems Contractor (MSPSC), you will be responsible for supporting the Production Support team, triaging production issues, complex ticket assignments, adhoc reporting and system testing changes to the applications maintained by the MSPSC program.
While working with the Production support team you will also be working with cutting edge technologies and participate in the design and modernization of the MSPSC applications. Work closely with a strong group of analysts and developers on the program and as a mentor to others.
- Analyzes information from system users and develops strategic solutions that meet the scope and objectives of the system along with addressing system needs.
- May provide guidance to less experienced personnel. Exercises independent judgement and works with very limited supervision.
- Prepares highly complex flow charts, models, and procedures and conducts feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
- Advises less experienced employees on form design and layout activities.
- Advises less experienced employees on the preparation of systems specification.
- Uses advanced knowledge to develop technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of systems.
- Recognized as subject matter expert in job area typically through advanced education and work experience.
- Establishes operational plans.
- Manages various types of projects which will have medium to large impact on the company.
- Issues faced are difficult and often complex. Work performed is critical to the organization.
- Independently performs advanced analysis and systems designs along with providing guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Work with the Production Support Leads to assess the impact of issues and devise plans to see them through to resolution.
- Perform SME support for daily tasks, to include monitoring and/or troubleshooting MSPSC application issues.
- Monitors COB&R ticket systems and assigns most complex Service Requests and Help Desk tickets to oneself to ensure timely responses and/or resolution to end users.
- Review existing system functional capabilities to identify changes required for implementing new PLOG requests and system fixes.
- Identify system enhancements and/or process improvements to reduce manual interventions and/or streamline technical, business and/or operational processes.
- Understand the business need, communication and/or solution of identified production issue and the impact to the end user, understanding the urgency/priority level of an identified or potential system issue.
- Support internal and external (CMS, MSP contractors, Third Party affiliations) customers by responding to ad hoc data, business inquiries timely and with quality.
- Escalate identified production issues timely and with succinct detail to Production Support Leads to ensure all proper communications to MSPSC Management, CMS and/or users are sent timely and within defined SLAs.
- May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
- May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 10+ years of experience directly related to computer functional/systems analysis.
- 4-6 years of experience writing functional/system requirements.
- 4-6 years of experience writing test cases and performing manual test execution on batch systems and web front-end systems.
- Understanding of complex data models and relationships.
- Proven strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle simultaneous assignments and meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other analysts and developers.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and responsibilities.
- Thrive in fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and innovative; Must be an independent worker who is comfortable gathering input, formulating a plan, and carrying it to fruition.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in systems/functional analysis and software testing.
- Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- High proficiency in SQL creating and executing queries.
- Knowledge of Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) Specifically, Workers Compensation (WC) business policy, procedure, processes, and regulations.
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement (WCMSA)
- Experience with X12 and XML schemas preferred but not required.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.