About the job Human Resource Manager (Equipment Rental Industry), Remote
Human Resource Manager (Equipment Rental Industry), Remote
- 100% Remote, with travel approximately once a month
- Salary Target: $110-120K + Bonus (DOE)
Our client, in the Heavy Equipment Rental industry, is seeking a Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager manages the HR team and is responsible for human resources activities including staffing, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, compliance and employment company wide. The HR Manager position is a highly customer service focused role with responsibility to ensure the team provides the full range of day to day and project HR support in a timely and thorough manner. The role ensures that the Company's employees and leaders are nurtured and supported through the creation and management of programs, policies, and procedures, fostering a positive work environment through effective employee-employer relations.
- Manages the HR Team.
- Manages the day to day customer service to all employees and ensures that it is fast and accurate. Actively support managers in building a positive culture and hiring, retaining, and engaging a strong team.
- Manages the entire recruiting process. Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Provide support for all staffing requirements including posting positions, reviewing resumes, screening candidates, preparing offer letters, and administering new hire orientation and training.
- Responsible for the day to day management of general insurance policies and reconciliation of invoices.
- Provides guidance and approval on disciplinary matters and investigations.
- Responsible for the HR branding to include social media and
- Responsible for the HRIS and ATS set-up, management and evolution of systems as well as day to day compliance and use.
- Oversees the leave process and creates strategic process flow.
- Ensure compliance of HR policies and processes by the field and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Investigate research and respond to agency charges (EEOC, DHR, Human Rights Commissions, etc.). Creates policies and maintains the Handbook.
- Develop, implement and manage competency model approach to exempt roles and ensure job descriptions, interview guides, performance evaluations, and succession planning for all exempt positions are valid, accurate & up-to-date.
- Provide company-wide communications & manage social committees.
- Executes human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Oversees the management and support of company medical, dental, vision, 401k, and other benefit programs, including processing new hires and terminations. Manages leaves and accommodations.
- Develop and maintain job titles, associated classifications in the HRIS and job descriptions.
- Properly maintain employee files in accordance with legal requirements. Improve workforce productivity by optimizing the use of the Paycom HRIS platform.
- Assist in the administration of corporate employee safety programs including OSHA reporting, and workers compensation claims administration.
- Provide day to day support of and provide training to improve employee and manager skills and knowledge on job specific functions, company policies, and other issues as they arise.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS, and e-verifies all new hires Employment Eligibility Verification through the Department of Homeland Security platform.
- Develop, reviews and administer HR policies, practices, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs job functions safely at all times.
- Participates in all safety meetings.
- Communicates all concerns or violations to appropriate manager(s) immediately.
- Uses the proper Personal Protective Equipment when performing work duties. Employee wears the proper shoes, glasses, gloves, ear protection, etc. Employee is properly attired to perform their job safely (no loose-fitting clothes, unsafe jewelry, etc.).
- Disposes of waste properly.
- Abides by all local, state, and Federal laws; reads, understands, and agrees to follow the policies outlined in the Company Safety Manual and Company Handbook.
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with Company's Core Values at all times.
- Continuous Improvement
- Assists in driving a continuous improvement strategy within the business to result in ongoing incremental gains in quality and efficiency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and/or PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP or -SCP certification a plus
- 5+ years experience as an HR leader with direct reports.
- Required experience with payroll, benefits, recruiting general insurance and employee relations.
- High energy and strategic thinking are absolutely essential.
- Proven leadership ability to inspire and lead teams.
- Ability to be flexible and pivot quickly.
- High level of customer service skills.
- High energy, analytical, & results driven, striving to improve processes every day.
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Intermediate Skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and high-volume workload. Strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Exceptional communication skills, strong relationship building skills, and a positive professional attitude.
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information. High level of integrity.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.