About the job EHR Data Solutions Architect, Rockville, MD/Remote
EHR Data Solutions Architect, Rockville, MD/Remote
Our client is seeking an Electronic Health Record Solutions Architect for a remote, direct hire opportunity. While this is a remote position, the successful candidate must be geographically close to Rockville, Maryland to attend senior leadership meetings on an as-needed basis at client offices and their customer headquarters.
Our client is looking for a Solution Architect to support their Indian Health Service (IHS) customer. This is a leadership role on an Electronic Health Record (EHR) modernization program, this will include requirements determination, integration/interoperability (Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel [HITSP]), health information management compliance, experience with roll out of training and adoption programs and providing mission critical support to our customer.
- Create solutions and conduct performance tests to improve availability, performance, reliability, capacity and scalability in the application, system or database layers.
- Analyzes performance requirements, translate into detailed performance test plans and create test scripts.
- Assess and develop testing, and integration use case scenarios. Assists in establishing standard SLAs and ensures the system meets the defined SLAs.
- Analyzes test results with engineers, product managers, other stakeholders and coordinates with the respective teams for performance tuning.
- Understands system's technical architecture, and able to identify the performance implications for different layers of system based on design discussions or architecture documents.
- Architect solutions on the cloud designing infrastructure and selecting viable technology stack(s).
- Excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply.
- Lead multiple teams driving solution architecture, security and performance. Provide mentorship to juniors and build the full stack capability within the company.
- Provide support to business development team through injection of technical solutions and architectural improvement.
- Provide leadership to design, develop, integrate and sustain (break/fix) support for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Leadership support to technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance may also be required.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Manage system implementation and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Estimate implementation costs and schedule.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management.
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements. Also, develop plans and requirements in the subject matter area for moderately complex to complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking; telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships.
- Identify resources required for each task.
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
- Must have experience in architecting solutions for commercial EHR products.
- Must have experience in Health Information Exchanges (HIE).
- Must have experience in healthcare data and analytics (Data governance and management).
- Must have experience working on large Federal healthcare projects.
- Must have experience working with large complex integrated delivery network deployment of an EHR.
- Must have the ability to work at the Enterprise level, working and coordinating efforts across numerous resources, sub-contractors and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 20+ years of experience as an Architect for large-scale enterprise applications.
- Strong experience with MS Office suite of products.
- Experience in Application performance monitoring tools.
- Candidate MUST be able to obtain a Public Trust. HITSP experience with an understanding of LOINC, HL7, HL7 FHIR, SNOMED, RxNorm as well as DICOM standards – Open standards in Healthcare Information Technology (HIT).
- Experience with Ancillary systems, include: Pharmacy, Radiology & Laboratory Information Systems.
- Familiarity with acute and ambulatory settings.
- Understanding of Telehealth technology.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.