About the job Senior Network Engineer (Active Secret Clearance or higher), Alexandria, VA
Senior Network Engineer (Active Secret Clearance or higher), Alexandria, VA
Our client, based out of Alexandria, VA, is seeking a Senior Network Engineer for a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
Must have an Active Secret Clearance or higher.
- Support architecture/design, implementation & administration of Video networks.
- Tier III network support for system components, including firewalls and switches.
- Develop and maintain configurations for all network components and provide configurations for testing as needed.
- Conduct analysis on end of life hardware and provide recommendations.
- Establish and Implement network management policies and guidelines to ensure the maximum availability of the client networks.
- Understand hardware and software capacities in order to modify or enhance high quality network system infrastructure.
- Active Secret Government Clearance Level or Higher.
- Both LAN and WAN experience.
- Broad knowledge of network and telecommunications systems (infrastructure, cabling, protocols, administration tools, security, etc.).
- Solid background in network administration and architecture.
- Network design, implementation, hardware configuration and performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (i.e. Cisco IOS, F5 OS).
- Comprehension of communication protocols (TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF).
- Solid background in network security consisting of policies, processes and practices used to prevent, detect, and monitor unauthorized access to network-accessible resources.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Experience with virtualization technology (ex: HyperV, VMware etc.)
- Experience with Network Management (Switch management, IP Cameras, Routers, Cloud AP’s).
- Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software.
- Demonstrated high commitment to quality, validating best practices and exploring options before making a decision.
- Experience with Ansible automation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In order to comply with its obligations as a covered federal contractor and to protect the health and safety of its employees, our client requires all employees/contractors in the United States to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or their start date (if later than December 8), except in circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a religious or disability accommodation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.