About the job Technical Writer, Remote
Technical Writer, Remote
Our client, based out of Elkridge, MD, is seeking a Technical Writer for a remote, contract to hire opportunity.
- The technical writer creatively presents complex approaches in written form for the Federal Government and our client.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms to standards.
- Conducts research and gathering of technical information for use in written documents.
- Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from professionals and teammates/partners to support writing activities.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate documentation; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and reviews provided documentation for inclusion in deliverables to the customer.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Interviews program managers and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and subsequently incorporate that information into writing technical and non-technical documents.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other personnel or establishment personnel.
- Establish the electronic file structure, archive, and back-up capability and procedures for all documentation and materials on the team’s server system.
- 4-year degree in a related field (e.g. English, Journalism, Business Writing, etc) or equivalent work experience in a Federal Government proposal environment.
- Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on various tasks.
- Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing.
- Proven ability to effectively research subject matter.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written language communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft product suite, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, Agile, mobile, and web development.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In order to comply with its obligations as a covered federal contractor and to protect the health and safety of its employees, our client requires all employees/contractors in the United States to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their start date, except in circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a religious or disability accommodation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.