About the job Mid-Senior Level Software Engineer (Remote)
Mid-Senior Level Software Engineer (Remote)
Our client, based out of Ann Arbor, MI, is seeking multiple Mid-Senior Level Software Engineers for a long-term contract opportunity. These positions are REMOTE and candidates must be willing to work on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make software and web development contributions to important healthcare projects such as java-based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts.
These positions will be dedicated to working on one of our client's cutting-edge projects to revamp a public health disease surveillance system that is anticipated to end in December 2022.
- Work with a team of software engineers and analysts in developing systems that meet all technical and business requirements.
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity.
- For the Senior role: they will lead the Twilio integration effort and takeover the messaging development in the application. Mentoring other team members and answering their questions is a must as well.
- BS degree in computer science
- Java/J2EE and experience with Microservice designs and architectures, Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal patterns etc. to understand how Twilio service can be integrated is a must
- Senior Level Role: Must have experience with Twilio communications platform services and applications. Strong knowledge to architect solution design & development to support messaging needs including voice and real time messaging.
- Must have strong java fundamentals and experience with Spring or Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML.
- Experience with Microservice designs and architectures, Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal patterns etc.
- Technical development experience with REST/SOAP web services.
- Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift, Gradle.
- Prefer experience processing Medical Document formats like HL7 / QRDA III / FHIR or processing other custom formatted files.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning.
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship
- Experience using cloud-based servers like AWS is a plus.
- Mobile development experience is a plus.
- Candidates with MIRTH or SOLR experience a huge plus.
- Candidates with Tableau/Power BI experience a huge plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.