About the job Windows System Administrator, Lacey, WA/Remote
Windows System Administrator, Lacey, WA/Remote
Our client is seeking a Windows System Administrator for a remote, contract to hire opportunity. Candidates must be located in the Lacey, WA area in order to be able to go on-site, as needed, to the data center.
The role of System Administrator is to manage a dynamic AWS cloud-based infrastructure consisting of various Security & monitoring tools, Internal/External File transfer tools along with Windows administration.
As a System Administrator, you will be involved in coordinating with department team to plan, design, and schedule the release of all software and hardware, updates and upgrades. You will work as a member of large technical team responsible for the design, development and implementation (DDI) of Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) for states like Michigan, Illinois, Utah, Washington and federal projects like OWCP, EDPS and VA-FAC. These are high-volume systems that operate out of multiple data centers and cloud environments like AWS and Oracle.
- Design, implement, and maintain the organizations’ AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Design, configuration, implementation, security hardening, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows servers.
- Setup Microsoft Active Directory and configuration in all projects, group policy, user and security group creation, trust creation between internal and external domains.
- Manage and maintain VMware, IBM SAN, and Nutanix on-prem.
- Deploy servers and workspaces in projects in AWS console. RDS databases, FSX files shares, EC2 Instances, security groups, S3 storage, IAM roles, System Manager, Images and storage.
- Install maintain Enterprise antivirus solutions such as Symantec and Sophos for both On-premise and confluence.
- Install and maintain OpManager used for monitoring in all projects. Patch manager from ManageEngine.
- Install, configure and maintain Enterprise Managed File Transfer solutions.
- Install, Configure and maintain DASH solution like Tehama to create desktop templates as needed and deploy to users as requested.
- Escort the vendors to the data center when there are any hardware replacements planned.
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Expert knowledge with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a Network administration.
- Implementation experience in various security products and solutions including but not limited to Audit/SIEM Solution (such as Anti virus, Nessus scanning, vulnerability management etc)
- Monitoring Solutions (such as Opmanager tools).
- Ability to work independently and at times as only team member representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Strong System Administration of Windows Servers demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment.
- Participate in planning and providing schedule inputs for all operational activities that require systems administration.
- Research new technologies for adoption, perform POC’s to determine if these technologies will work for us to improve efficiency and performance.
- Interact and lead vendors activities/performance, support procurements.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In order to comply with its obligations as a covered federal contractor and to protect the health and safety of its employees, our client requires all employees/contractors in the United States to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or their start date (if later than December 8), except in circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a religious or disability accommodation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.