About the job Big Data Engineer, Remote
Big Data Engineer, Remote
Our client, based out of Washington, DC, is seeking a Big Data Engineer for a full-time, remote opportunity.
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary, agile application development team tasked with operating and enhancing an enterprise government system. The project work is primarily remote but may require some client on-site work estimated at <10%.
For this project, you and your team will be operating and enhancing an enterprise platform to effectively consume and use the data to improve the healthcare experience of millions of Americans.
- Understands implementing sharding/partitioning, sophisticated calculations, and transformations efficiently at scale, in our case in an EMR Spark context.
- Has a firm grasp of algorithm optimizations, in both space and time, in the context of transforming big data sets.
- Works with the product team members to enable product goals with platform capabilities.
- Works with your team, supporting agile engineering practices such as delivering small narrow slices of functionality, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Swarming and pairing with your team to Design, code, test, debug, deploy and document software in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, engineers, and human centered design to procure and provide data to increase transparency and quality for healthcare consumers.
- Works in conjunction with developers or data engineers to operationalize reports, calculations, or transformations related to program data.
- Automate the querying of data from varying sources, formats, and quality and prepare them for analysis.
- Apply a variety of analytical approaches to solve mission focused policy, methodologies, and/or administrative problems in a fast -paced environment.
- Clearly and concisely present the findings of analytical products to policymakers and non-technical audiences.
- Works with large data sets and/or data coming in at a high rate.
- Working with the product team members in an Agile development process to enable product goals with platform capabilities.
- 5+ years of technical experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher).
- Experience working with big data.
- Expertise with platforms and languages such as Spark, Scala, EMR, Glue, Lambda, Java, R, Python, Airflow.
- Strong familiarity with AWS and their services.
- Expertise with relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL, RDS, Redshift, Hive, MySQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, DynamoDB, Parquet.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills.
- A passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly.
- Experience building and testing machine learning techniques, generalized linear models/regression, random forests and anomaly detection.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.