Job Openings MRI Tech - The Woodlands, TX
About the job MRI Tech - The Woodlands, TX
This position performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) procedures to create three-dimensional images of tissue, organs, and other body parts that are used by radiologists to detect abnormalities, make diagnoses and treat patients.
- Performs MRI procedures on patients: Prepares patients for MRI exam, explains the procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the MRI scanner, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the scan
- Enters and monitors patient data
Performs quality assurance on magnetic resonance equipment and matrix camera.
- May assist with initial and renewal applications for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints, or equipment malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency calls within the department
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced
- Must be willing to work the night shift
- Must have 1 year of hospital experience
- Registered MRI Technologist by ARRT-MR; OR
- Registered Radiological Technologist by the (ARRT-R) and Registered MRI Technologist by the (ARMRIT)
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life SupportTechnologist by the (ARMRIT)
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support