Job Openings RN Clinical Manager - PAT, Pre-op, PACU & Endoscopy Cypress - Cypress, TX
About the job RN Clinical Manager - PAT, Pre-op, PACU & Endoscopy Cypress - Cypress, TX
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department, including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking departmental calls; planning for continuity of care, serving in charge nurse role, and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing; recruits, retains, and develops staff; provides performance feedback, addresses issues as necessary, and provides input into staff performance reviews in a timely effective manner.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Pre-OP Experience Required
- Three or more (3+) years of experience in the clinical area of practice and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a supervisory or management role
- Three years of Hospital/ In-patient Manager experience (defined as supervisor, Assistant manager, manager, or director)
- Bachelor's of Nursing
Clinical Manager II:
- Additional two (2) years experience (3 years total) in a supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion, and results
- Bachelor of Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
Professional certification in clinical area or management preferred
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements