About the job Registered Nurse Medical / Surgical
Looking for a Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical to join the team in Waco, TX. The Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical will be responsible for providing quality care to patients in a medical/surgical setting.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- 3N Renal/Stroke unit 5:1 day ratio, 5-6:1 night Navy Scrubs Lab draws by RN and PCT
Bachelors degree in Nursing or related field.
Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Texas and BLS Certification
At least two years of experience in a medical/surgical setting.
Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.