Job Openings CT Tech - Houston, TX
About the job CT Tech - Houston, TX
- Performs CT scans on patients: Prepares patients for CT scan, explains the procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the CT scan, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the scan
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Performs quality assurance on CT equipment. May assist with initial and renewal applications for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints, or equipment malfunction to department management.
- Takes emergency calls within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Registered CT Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-CT), required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion, and results