About the job Application Developer
The Application Developer provides top quality solutions that meet application solution needs of Elevations Credit Union business line departments. This is a journey level role responsible for translating software requirements into well-designed solutions; working with 'off the shelf' software, modifying it and integrating it into the existing architecture; and maintaining programs for business applications.
- Utilizes sound software development life cycle (SDLC) practices and accurately follows established procedures for delivering application solutions that support critical business strategies.
- Works closely with suppliers to ensure successful software or hardware implementation, maintenance, and support.
- Commits application configuration updates to stage / test environment and plans for rollbacks.
- Troubleshoots issues and resolving incidents in support of existing production applications.
- Initiates action to correct quality problems or notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
- Prepares documentation and provides user training on new system applications.
- Works closely with suppliers to ensure successful software or hardware implementation and support.
- Facilitates architecture review and ensures that all architectural products are updated and maintained.
- Maintains understanding of the full architecture stack with an ability to communicate effectively on a variety of information technology (IT) topics.
- Identifies and solves technical, process, or interpersonal problems to ensure projects are delivered within required timelines and expectations.
Application Development Manager
This role does not have supervisory responsibility.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in application development which includes supporting business applications for diverse operating systems and platforms and/or structured query language (SQL) development for relational databases.
- Experience with Episys and PowerOn development.
- Experience with financial institution technologies: Jack Henry technologies (Episys, Synapsys, Synergy, ARCU), OpCon, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architecture / systems engineering best practices, systems process design, software design, programming principles, or equivalent processes.
- Adequate knowledge of Object Oriented programming and networking
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or field of study related to the work performed.
- Experience with FiServ DNA, FIS Miser, Corelation Keystone, MeridianLink, Encompass, Digital Insight, Q2, COTS, Image Center.
- Mainframe coding experience using COBOL.
- Project management experience in an iterative project management methodology.
- Experience supporting business applications within a financial institution.
- Familiarity with the Unix operating system, Unix shell scripting, or similar.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (PowerShell).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification, or previous work within an ITIL environment.
Elevations uses multi-factor authentication to keep our data safe. As such, a personal smart phone is a requirement for employment with us. This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time / 40 hours per week
This role can be performed on site at the location above, or remotely for any individual who resides within Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Nevada, or North Carolina.
The midpoint of the budgeted range is $99,081 + annual bonus. The candidate's starting salary will be adjusted based upon his, her, or their experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.