Job Openings Clinical Pharmacist Specialist-Pediatric Critical Care - Houston, TX
About the job Clinical Pharmacist Specialist-Pediatric Critical Care - Houston, TX
Seeking a Residency trained Clinical Pharmacist Specialist with Pediatric Cardiovascular/Critical Care experience/training to join our growing team. PGY2 or Fellowship in Pediatrics required. The position develops, implements, and monitors clinical pharmacy programs to improve patient care with an additional focus on decreasing cost; provides clinical services to patients and professional staff; interacts with medical staff on drug utilization and cost containment. May be asked to assist in supervising the activities of all department employees in consultation with the department Director and/or Pharmacy Manager.
- Education: Doctorate of Pharmacy degree; Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: Licensure in the State of Texas; Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an in-house program or another accredited program if appropriate
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to promote teamwork, build effective relationships, and lead/facilitate workgroups
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer-assisted devices
- Familiarity with the healthcare reimbursement environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion, and results
- A doctorate in Pharmacy is required
- Pediatrics PGY2 Residency training OR Fellowship in Pediatrics
- Related experience: Clinical Pharmacist w/Pediatric Critical Care- Organ Transplant experience or training; Cardiac Surgery/heart transplant highly desired.
- Must be a clinical specialist in an inpatient hospital pharmacy environment.