Job Openings Mammography Technologist
About the job Mammography Technologist
- Performs mammography radiographic exams on patients ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients for exam, explains the procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques and ensures technical quality of the images.
- Helps maintain appropriate patient flow and ensures delivery of quality services in the imaging department.
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills. Acts as a resource and mentor to staff and less experienced technologists. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques to the other technologists.
- Reviews incomplete exam lists and unsigned report statuses routinely.
- Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologists, and department support staff.
- Enters and monitors patient data and health history as pertinent to the exam being performed.
- Performs quality assurance on mammography equipment. Recommends equipment modifications. Identifies and helps to resolve equipment malfunctions. Completes initial and renewal applications for ACR and any other accreditation.
- Maintains safety, environmental, and infection control procedures for the department.
- Helps schedule technologists to ensure appropriate staffing for expected patient volume.
- Intervenes with patients to help resolve complaints and issues.
- Responsible for supply management.
- Takes emergency calls within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology; Graduate of an approved program of mammography technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R)
- Registered Mammography Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-M)
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- *1 year of prior experience as a Mammography Technologist required
- Demonstrates ability to perform quality control and stereotactic exams
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results