About the job Fireman / Firefighter
Salary: Market related + benefits
Job type: Contract
Industry: HR Management and Solutions
Reference Number: RDT/CWR.HOG.FF.27112023
Our client, based in Qatar, primarily provides Human Resource Management ad Solutions to various industries, such as Oil and Gas, Industrial Projects, Infrastructure Services, Petrochemical Plants and more. They are looking for a Fireman / Firefighter to join their team on a long term contractual basis.
- Grade 12
- H2S Training
- Hold appropriate recognized and accredited qualifications from home country; (e.g. NFPA 1001: Standard for Firefighter Professional Qualification) or equivalent with a minimum of a 3 month Basic Firefighting Course
- Hazmat Operator (e.g. NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials / Weapons of Mass Destruction) or equivalent
- Basic First Aid as defined by the Qatar Supreme Council of Health
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Firefighter in a commercial or industrial environment, civil defense force or military firefighting services
- All Firefighters to be familiar / competent and have relevant training in the oil and gas industry, with regard to Tank supply, distribution and storage of Hydrocarbon products
- Technical Rescue to NFPA 1006 to include Rope Rescue, Confined Space Rescue and Trench Rescue
- Marine Vessel Fires to NFPA 1405. With respect to NFPA1405, if the personnel proposed by CONTRACTOR are available with an equivalent UK standard, then the same will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Intermediate English Language (IELTS L4 QP L4) both spoken and written
- A minimum of 40% of Firemen must obtain a Qatari Light Vehicle and HGV with Trailer License within 12 months of employment including certified emergency response driver training at a QatarEnergy approved Training Center at CONTRACTOR'S own cost. There are MOI approved driving schools in Qatar that undertake the training.
- HGV license and Emergency response driver certificate from a approved provider. Driving license from base country preferably Heavy Vehicle license (Trailer)
By Submitting your CV, you confirm that:
- We may retain your personal information in our database for future matching.
- We may contact you when suitable opportunities arise.
- The information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
We endeavour to reply to each and every application, however, should you not hear back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.