About the job Senior IT Tech Support
The Senior IT Technical Support is primarily involved in providing technical support for software, infrastructure and hardware systems (e.g. usage of web application, storage, hardware, servers, and networking components) from installation to maintenance support. S/he also acts as documentation specialist ensuring that documentation system (e.g. Knowledgebase) is implemented and used efficiently and that all requirements are met.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Technical Support (Hardware & Network Systems)
- Installs, monitors and maintains computer hardware operating systems, applications, and networks
- Sets up new users' accounts and profiles
- Ensures that hardware systems and other MIS equipment are kept in good quality condition; recommends upgrades as necessary
- Performs the device life cycle management activities from Evaluation Phase to Asset Disposal Phase, including proper equipment disposal, data deletion, compliance with software license agreements, coordination with vendors and documentation.
- Receives and troubleshoots technical and applications problems and service requests; provides quality and timely response.
- Helps in the rollout of new applications including testing requirements and evaluating new technology.
- Ensures that IT policies and procedures are observed in carrying out daily services/ transactions.
- Able to use and maintain Grafana monitoring system to keep servers/systems running smoothly.
- Able to run commands in Linux systems to attend 1st Level system issues and request.
- Administration of Bluehost Email Server (Bluehost).
- Able to understand simple Network office setup.
- Ensures that the documentation system (e.g. Knowledgebase) is updated and maintained according to service levels
- Collates policies/documents for upload in the Knowledgebase
- Ensures that materials for upload fulfill the requirements to initiate the upload process; coordinates with document creator as necessary
- Handles the email blast to all employees once a new document/ policy is uploaded in Knowledgebase
- Maintains a systematic control system to properly maintain Knowledgebase.
Systems Improvement and Application Development
- Assesses and recommends changes to existing application/s according to changing operational and business requirements; implements software changes as necessary
- Contributes to database documentation on data standards and procedures.
End User Management
- Performs duties diligently and according to service level agreements
- Provides administrative support in conducting satisfaction surveys to determine the IT service level.
- Takes on other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or other related programs
Licenses & Certifications
- Master’s Degree or units in Computer Science/Engineering is an advantage but not a requirement
- Related trainings, seminars, licenses and certifications is an advantage but not a requirement.
Years of relevant experience:
- With at least 3-5 years of supporting IT business process, project management and IT management or other related experience
- Experience with the software development process; SAP or similar ERP system (list other systems) experience, an advantage