About the job Chief Financial Officer (Actuary) - South East Asia
Chief Financial Officer (Actuary)
About the company
Life insurance, financial service, pension plan, education plan, saving plan, investment planning.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam / Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Plan and manage company strategy in line with the Companys overall strategy and risk appetite.
- Lead on annual budget process and plan for the long term strategic business plan.
- Design and develop new products, including all required risk and profitability analysis.
- Head risk management function in the assessment, remediation, and reporting of risks.
- Lead and develop the financial and actuarial team overall to ensure that the Company has the financial and actuarial talent and capabilities it requires.
- Review reinsurance transactions and arrangement from an actuarial, capital, solvency, and profitability standpoint.
- Allocate and optimize capital across products.
- Understand all underlying factors that contribute to Company performance.
- Develop models for internal risk management purposes.
- Prepare and present ongoing reports to various governance bodies, including the Insurance Risk Committee, Investment Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Maintain processes to monitor capital and solvency on an ongoing basis.
- Carry out duties with the highest degree of integrity - with all the appropriate records being maintained, reports being provided, and all required and necessary deadlines being met.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination. Flexible in stationed in either Vietnam or Cambodia.
- A Fellow of a relevant Actuarial Society and a Bachelors Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- ASEAN is preferred so as to have easy entry to the markets of interest
- 10 years overall work experience, including 5 years supervisory experience.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including experience of using quantitative risk models.
- Leadership and managerial proficiencies, with the ability to influence both direct and matrixed reporting relationships.
- Good problem solver with the ability to understand business drivers and needs and be able to balance desired outcomes against potential risks and challenges.
- Experience in the institutional annuity business, including pension risk transfer, stable value, and or in-plan annuities.
- Experience with pricing retail annuity (fixed and/or variable) and/or permanent life insurance.
- Leading or coordinating hedging programs, reinsurance, or other risk mediation strategies for life insurance and/or annuities.
USD 8,000+ per month
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM
8 hours per day
Recruiter contact details
- Head of Operations
- [email protected]
- + 855 (0) 98 656 000 (Telegram & WhatsApp)