About the job Food and Beverages Manager
Food and Beverage Manager
About the company
Nestled by the beach at Kep, on the Kampot coast of Cambodia with a tranquil beach retreat on the Cambodian coast: lovingly converted modernist houses and villas, plus sailing, yoga and great food.
Kep province, Cambodia
Staff and Team Performance
- To take full responsibility for resourcing and managing all aspects of The Strand and The Sailing Club Restaurants to ensure there is a motivated and skilled workforce and all direct reports fully understand their roles
- Ensure there is consistent, regular resource planning to meet the needs of the business
- Establish & maintain lines of control and delegate responsibilities as appropriate
- Lead and manage restaurant staff, through the establishment of high ethical and professional standards, goal setting, coaching and developing, and performance reviews.
- Work closely with the Staff in training staff on excellence in food service and preparation
- Communicate effectively with and maintain a strong rapport with fellow team members.
- Motivate and inspire team members to achieve outstanding results.
- Practice a policy of equal opportunity employment.
- Generally, make The Strand and The Sailing Club Restaurants a preferred employer for staff in the region of Kep.
- Be the lead coach and advisor in dealing with performance and HR issues
- Conform with company HR policies
Reporting and Financial
- Provide the CEO with the requested and required, weekly and monthly reports
- Sharing with Resident manager the daily activities
- Be ultimately responsible for the accuracy and integrity of reconciling all cost and revenue related reports
- Work with the CEO and Resident manager the annual operations and sales budgets for outlets.
- Ultimate responsibility for achieving sales and operating cost budgets for the business unit
- Negotiate competitive pricing and terms of payment with suppliers in regards to all required inventory relevant to the kitchen side of the restaurants
- Ensure regular meetings are held with key suppliers and business contacts to ensure good relations and build rapport and reputation
- Make The Strand , The Sailing Club and beach front restaurants a preferred purchaser among the supplier business community.
Marketing and sales
- Endeavour to achieve pre-established sales targets.
- Lead the development of competitive specials and product offers for promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Recognize new opportunities to grow revenue
- Write interesting and informative articles profiling the F&B outlets and Kep region for Knai Bang Chatt newsletters and social media platforms
- Lead the staff in delivering excellence in culinary and dining experiences
- Develop menus and food offerings that are acknowledged by our customers and highly regarded in the industry
- As a result of high food & beverage quality standards ensure repeat patronage by guests and customers
Product development and product research
- Become familiar with the food and beverage offerings of our competitors within the destination
- Undergo competitor product and pricing analysis, where possible
- Review, revise and refresh The Strand and The Sailing Club Restaurant dining offering on a regular basis
Safety and risk
- Ensure that Knai Bang Chatt The Strand and The Sailing Club restaurants exposure to risk is minimized
- Ensure that health and safety issues are given paramount attention
- Assess and report on all external risks (e.g weather, destination overcrowding) etc and develop strategies to minimize exposure to those risks
- Ensure the Emergency Response Plan is understood by all staff
- Conduct regular training and awareness sessions to ensure all staff are prepared for emergencies
Strategic vision establishes a vision and direction for the future of the business, function or department.
Leadership creates and communicates a clear view of the future direction and ensures action of direct reports toward the vision.
Achievement orientation demonstrates through decisions and actions a sense of importance to get the job done; focuses on the most important things; takes actions to overcome obstacles and seek solutions.
Influence and impact uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement; modifies behavior to individuals involved.
Customer service makes customers a primary focus of actions and decisions. Identifies and meets customers needs, making them a primary focus of your work.
Teamwork interacts effectively with other people both on a one-to-one basis and in groups; works effectively as a member of a team to achieve a shared goal.
Coaching and development uses appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and coach a team towards the successful completion of the project or to improve their results or competencies
Examine the key personal attributes for this role i.e. what type of person is best suited to this type of work:
- A desire to live and work in Kep and a readiness to embrace the challenges of working in a small provincial environment
- A readiness to embrace the demands and responsibilities of management
- A high level of self-motivation and high professional standards
- A desire to tackle the challenges of growing a business
- An organized and methodical approach to work
- A meticulous, obsessive attention to detail
- An ability to work highly competently with numbers, costing and accounts.
- A patient and flexible manner able to cope with frustrations that go with working in a developing country and with people from different language/ cultural backgrounds.
- An ability to work well under pressure in a busy environment
- A capacity to lead a team of restaurant and kitchen staff
- A high guest / customer service ethic.
- A comprehensive understanding of issues pertaining to health and safety in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including an ability to write procedures and reports, respond to customer concerns and queries
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Impeccable judgment skills.
- A preparedness to work long hours
- A positive attitude and an ability to balance work and life.
Flexible according to experience
- Depending on experience with a good salary during probation and post probation + incentive
- Accommodation in single room at staff accommodation facility during probation then 200 USD per month housing allowance
- Work permit + Business visa (To pay back if do not finish your yearly contract)
- Basic Social Security through the N.S.S.F. (National Social Security Fund)
- 1 or 2 Meals/day from management meals list
- The Executive is entitled to 50% off the billing price for food consumed at any of the companys outlets
- Your uniforms and representation clothing can be washed and ironed by the company at no extra cost.
Monday to Saturday
8:30 AM 5:30 PM
Consultant contact details
M: +855(0) 85 865 434 Cellcard
+855(0) 81 425 666 SMART
+855(0) 88 920 5869 (WhatsApp, Telegram, Line, Viber)