About the job Executive Chef
As soon as possible
About the company
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- To develop new menus and culinary concepts for the client in line with their brand values and corporate identity, with the use of approved suppliers taking into account budget, dietary and operational practicalities.
- Drive Culinary Excellence through training and development of staff and direct involvement on shop floor.
- Ensure quality standard for the unit. Improves menu/food quality and consistency by analyzing food production records and menu expenses; promoting kitchen staffs interest in quality improvement; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes to assure consistent quality output.
- Preparation and implementation of menu presentations. Ensures Menu presentations are properly planned, set up, and specifications reviewed to ensure compliance.
- Work daily with the Chefs to ensure that consistent quality products are produced following established standards and specifications.
- Establish production of recipes in line with the set pricing structure/customer budgets Do weight and quality control checks to ensure specifications are met on raw materials and finished products.
- Monthly, weekly work allocation planning, staff roster and scheduling. Organisation of menu cycle changes.
- Ensure adherence to hygiene, health, labour law and security procedures and ordinances required by company and government!
- Coordination and initiation of training required for Executive Sous Chefs, Sous Chefs, Chef De Parties all Kitchen Staff to be aware of hygiene, health and safety procedures
- Responsible for implementation of actions plans to remedy short comings highlighted during audits and kitchen evaluations, defined preventive measures and implement control procedures.
- Monthly follow up of the hygiene report & quality index and present measures and actions taken. Processing of customer complaints, investigation, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Documentation and communication of irregularities like accidents, delays, complaints etc. in the operational process and in the communication structure for the purpose of implementation of corrective measures.
- Management of inventory, compliance with the "first in first out - principle".
- Maintenance and preservation of work equipment and machinery.
- Degree A formal culinary education is required. The ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree with 7 or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
- Successful track record as a manager or Assistant Manager in airline catering required. Minimum 7-10 years as a Chef required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years as an Executive Chef required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production and restaurant or catering environment required.
- In-flight catering experience or experience in a high-volume food service environment required.
- Ability to cook meals according to detailed specifications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage the staff.
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train others required.
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to employees on a daily basis.
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Experience with menu design.
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with multiple departments and customers
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
NSSF, Personal Accident Insurance, Bonus
8:00am 6:00pm (might need to come in on Sat for the meetings)
Recruiter contact details
Channita CHEV Recruitment Manager
- Cellcard +855 11 55 66 95
- Smart +855 81 98 67 67 (telegram/whatsapp)