About the job Administrative Medical Assistant
If you're looking for a specialty industry and a position with variety that utilizes your Medical Assistant qualifications, people skills and your administrative skills this is the role for you!
We are TravelBug Health and we provide exclusive services for world travelers that require medical advice and vaccinations prior to travel overseas. This is an exciting business that works with high level and very interesting worldly clientele.
This is an entry level position for someone to learn and grow with our company. You will have opportunities for salary increases and a career growth path so you can advance your career and stay with the company for years to come.
You'll build great relationships and truly enhance the client experience. You'll spend 70% of your time on office administrative tasks, 20% of your time interacting with clients and about 10% of time giving preparing and administering vaccines.
Come join our team and build your knowledge of travel medicine! Even if you havent traveled abroad, you will learn as you go along and feel like you get a taste of world travel every day. You must come with a thirst for knowledge and desire to expand your horizons.
Why Work with Us:
- Competitive pay depending on experience and qualifications.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with matching
- Monday to Friday schedule in an outpatient office setting
- We are a fee-for-service concierge practice, so your time is focused on the patient instead of dealing with their insurance
- A small business entrepreneurial environment with the flexibility to expand your role with the company
- Opportunity for the right person to expand their skills in marketing, social media and operations
- We look after mostly healthy people traveling for many different reasons, which makes for a fun and positive work environment.
You are the Ideal Candidate if you have:
- Passion about world travel and excitement to meet people from all backgrounds traveling to every corner of the globe
- A Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program. Additional consideration will be given for applicants with an associate or undergraduate degree
- Background working in a medical office
- Excellent and professional communication & customer service skills
- A job satisfaction that comes from being the person that makes a difference to your patients every day
- Extreme organization, attentiveness to detail and enjoys seeing your tasks through to completion
- Independence, initiative, and comfort in either working on your own or collaborating with the team
- Proficiency in working with MS Office software, including Outlook, Word and Excel. SharePoint experience is a bonus.
- Confidence in advising patients about immunizations
- Have your own COVID-19 vaccinations up-to-date.
What You'll Do:
- Become the primary point of contact for our customers, including telephone and email enquiries, and appointments/test scheduling
- Engage with our patients through every step of their travel health experience
- Gain proficient knowledge of travel medicine practices and become a trusted resource for our overseas travelers
- Facilitate patient flow for travel medicine provider doing pre-travel consultations
- Ensure smooth day to day operations of the clinic, including ordering and inventory
- Create and modify patient records in the Electronic Medical Record system
- Administer COVID-19 tests, either drive-up or in our lobby
- Process COVID-19 and other point-of-care tests in our on-site laboratory. Report and communicate test results to patients
- Draw up and administer vaccines for travel, including pediatrics
- Become familiar with immunization schedules and update vaccine records
Who We Are:
TravelBug Health is the premiere travel medicine clinic in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. We provide pre-travel consultations, vaccinations and Covid testing for our clientele who embark on adventures all over the world. Since we opened 10 years ago, we have built our success by delivering an unparalleled personalized customer service experience. Our corporate culture values caring, diversity, initiative, pride in what we do and promoting the unique experiences that world travel has to offer.
Check out what we do at: TravelBugHealth.com