About the job Catering Chef
This is not your average cook-restaurant job, this is not a restaurant experience - because there is great variety in our catering- you'll need a very flexible schedule and high energy to work with a variety of work orders and catering for many different events and cuisines. Opportunity to learn and grow with one of the top custom catering companies in AZ. We are looking for personality and someone who aims to wow our clients who has a strong palette and can make anything across many cuisines. This is not NOT a corporate structured job - because we have a lot of variety - you will not be bored because everyday is different in what we cook so you are not preparing the same thing day in and day out. You will have to enjoy working with people and have good customer relation skills as you'll be engaging with people at offsite events.
You'll have a great time onsite at events or in homes cooking in front of clients. We also cater to private jets, there's a variety of fun.
Emily's Events, Voted Best Caterer and Wedding Planner in the Valley. We are hiring a Catering Chef to join our team. If you're a hard-working professional, Emily's Events is the place to be. If you can cook, please apply!
Why work with us:
- Work and learn from top rated industry professionals.
- Consistent hours and steady work. Some weekends
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- A fun and entertaining industry with a great variety of food
- We take great pride in creating memorable events through food and ambiance.
- We are a growing company in an exciting industry
- We have fun in our kitchen while we create amazing food!
*We do not offer benefits at this time
- Proven experience in the culinary field. Experience in high-volume, quality-oriented catering, restaurant or banquets experience preferred
- A desire to be creative in the kitchen, and menu development
- Must be passionate about training coaching and mentoring
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good listening skills
- Ability to effectively handle many tasks at once in a controlled-pace work environment
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- Good decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
* Food plating and content generation
* Social media and or other media opportunities videos, new segments etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the preparation and production of food, setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Assist with menu development, specify product standards, control and maintain food inventories, adhere to recipes and ensure smooth and safe operations
- Help maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen
- Help set up and produce daily food production schedules
- Help foster the development of the food production team and utility/sanitation staff
- Ensures and oversees timely deliveries/pick ups and food quality
- Manages food costing, and maintains/builds good relationships with vendors
- Consistently monitor and oversee all kitchen equipment for safe operations
- Teach and ensure complete compliance with all food, safety and physical standards and policies
- Serve as a leader and mentor to the team
- Assists with management hiring operations, training, scheduling, team building etc.