About the job Chief Marketing OfficerAt Topica, our mission is to make education accessible to everyone and enable lifelong learning. We’re a multidisciplinary team that’s passionate about creating products that improve people’s lives. We believe our growth would come by building a core team that will focus exclusively on how to make world-class products.
For a newly established position, we are looking for a creative and analytical Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) that lives and loves the cutting edge of growth marketing but also has the brand front of mind. This person will be responsible for scaling current channels and generating new opportunities to grow the business.
We need a highly strategic thinker who is also excited to execute unique campaigns that will allow the company to attract new customer segments. This is an extremely important hire for us and will lead to company-wide growth initiatives.
The role is, as mentioned above, newly established and holds great potential for the right candidate to shape and impact the scope of the position.
What will you do?
- Create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products & features. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You will also conduct customer research and apply your insights to these and other initiatives.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. You will promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels.
- Collaborate and lead across the organization. You will represent the voice of the customer within the organization, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, user experience, engineering, and executive leadership. You will also lead and mentor a growing team of marketers across a broad set of functions including product marketing, partner marketing, content, and brand.
- Define, measure and report the performance of all paid marketing channels/campaigns and assess against ROI and KPI goals including subscriber acquisition and retention.
- Develop a scalable growth strategy through our direct-to-consumer channels while also evaluating other sales/distribution channels for our products.
- Own and efficiently scale a multi-million dollar budget, allocating spending and optimizing a blend of channels to hit growth targets efficiently, while thinking long term and being resourceful.
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and develop smart attribution modeling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time.
- Work with our analytics team to lead marketing analytics and ROI analysis for campaigns and channels, defining CAC and LTV, while executing robust optimization and A/B testing programs.
- Coach and develop managers, own communication across executive level and partner teams.
- Partner with the digital product and engineering and data science to create differentiated solutions that leverage performance media and/or new innovations in marketing technology.
- Drive our digital marketing positioning (localization of Website, SEO, SEM, Digital campaigns)
- Execute online and offline marketing campaigns customized to fill and grow the lead pipeline with high-quality leads
- Plan, organize and execute various marketing events such as prospect and customer events, conferences, exhibitions
- Produce high-quality content for our customers such as market surveys, Webinars, Whitepaper, Case Studies, Blog, Videos, etc.
What do you need to bring?
- A proven experience, track record and success across all disciplines of marketing (product, branding, strategy, social media, communications, business development) Preferable from a similar company and with a relevant degree.
- Demonstrable experience of positioning a company in a competitive market and winning market share;
- ROI-driven approach to marketing and strong attention to detail;
- Big picture view. Growth at the company is holistic and expands far past just acquisition and performance marketing.
- A brand-focused mindset. We work hard to maintain a specific brand mission, this role needs to have that front of mind at all times.
- Experimental approach. We are looking for non-traditional thinkers, tinkerers, testers, and artists.
- Forward Thinking. You don’t only rely on what worked in the past, you prefer to see around corners and plan for the future.
- Visionary and driven personality, not only highly analytical and strategic but also creative and hands-on in nature
Our new CMO will be joining Topica at the beginning of an exciting journey, and will be given a large degree of freedom to decide on direction, means of transportation and landmarks to explore first. Furthermore, the roles comes with an attractive remuneration package, matching our requirements and expectations.