About the job Assistant Manager, PR & Communication,
At Topica, our mission is to make education accessible to everyone and enable lifelong learning. We’re a multidisciplinary team that’s passionate about creating products that improve people’s lives. We believe our growth would come by building a core team that will focus exclusively on how to make world-class products.
This person will be responsible for telling the Topica story, whether it's speaking to media and online influencers, policymakers, industry commentators or the wider community. This person is a strategic partner and solution provider to various business functions in Topica by ensuring that both internal and external stakeholders understand and support Topica's vision and business strategy, including but not limited to corporate partnerships, new products, partner programmes, marketing campaigns and internal programmes.
What will you do?
- Create, implement and manage communication strategy and planning that are in line with the company’s vision and business objectives
- Proactively promote stories and other publicity opportunities that are advantageous to Topica
- Build a strong understanding of the media landscape in Vietnam and will strengthen relationships with key media contacts pivotal for the business.
- Work with key stakeholders from business, marketing to develop communications strategies, and execute communications plans to drive business goals
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the most influential local media in Education sector
- Create content such as press releases, thought leadership articles, messaging, executive media briefings and speeches for executives
- Field and prioritize requests and media engagements
- Organize and oversee media events
- Effectively manage the response to incidents, issues or crisis situations, and manage programmes to mitigate negative impacts of incidents affecting Grab
- Analyze metrics to determine the output and value of PR results and use the data as a critical planning tool
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Grab business stakeholders and management
- Drive regular planning and reporting meetings with key stakeholders
- Develop network of third-party advocates and drive sustained programming to leverage third-party credibility for communication in Vietnam
- Manage the PR agency according to the given budget and business requirements
What do you need to bring?
- 4-7 years of experience in the PR field or related experience in high-profile corporate reputation management, government affairs, crisis communications or issues management
- Possess strong existing media relationships with a diverse range of editors, reporters, and thought leaders
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams including government relations, legal, product, marketing and partnership teams
- Strong writing and story-telling skills
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
- Technology sector experience preferred
- Experience working in a fast-growth company
- Hands-on and motivated by challenging work.
What will you gain?
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch and parking allowance
- Fast paced and multinational working environment
- Supportive and professional colleagues
- Awesome & open co-working space
- Internal Training (Technical & Functional); Opportunities for English Training
You will be joining Topica at the beginning of an exciting journey, and will be given a large degree of freedom in shaping and impacting your role. We provide an environment where you can be best of yourself, grow with us and together we make it work. You will play an important part in helping us reach the next destination.
Furthermore, we offer an attractive remuneration package, with benefits, matching our requirements and expectations.