About the job Technical Writer for Arti Documentation (3-4 Month Contract)
The Tor Project is looking for a technical writer for a 3-4 month contract project working on Arti documentation. Please see here for a brief and fun history of Arti: https://blog.torproject.org/announcing-arti/
A brief outline of the job:
- Audit existing documentation.
- Survey developers and users for use cases that may be missing or hard to discover in the documentation.
- Update documentation based on three specific use cases.
- Get a set of volunteers that will test the documentation that was created.
- Incorporate feedback from testers.
- Work with the rest of the Tor project to update arti.torproject.org with the proposed changes.
Rate of pay is $30 USD/hour, though we are open to negotiating the terms of the project.
The Tor Project, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization advancing human rights and freedoms by creating and deploying free and open source anonymity and privacy technologies.
The Tor Project's workforce is smart, committed, and hard working. We currently have a paid and contract staff of around 50 developers and operational support people, plus many thousands of volunteers who contribute to our work. The Tor Project is funded in part by government research and development grants, and in part by individual, foundation, and corporate donations.
Tor is for everyone, and we are actively working to build a team that represents people from all over the world - people from diverse ethnic, national, and cultural backgrounds; people from all walks of life. We encourage people subject to systemic bias to apply, including people of color, indigenous people, LGBTQIA+ people, women, and any other person who is part of a group that is underrepresented in tech.
The Tor Project has a strong culture of transparency and democratic processes, and long-standing community guidelines and cultural norms. Our community is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment. Please read more here:
- Our Code of Conduct: https://gitweb.torproject.org/...
- Our Social Contract: https://gitweb.torproject.org/...
- Our Statement of Values: https://gitweb.torproject.org/...
Notice: Due to U.S. sanctions and embargo regulations, The Tor Project, Inc. is not able to hire individuals with citizenship of certain countries, including but not limited to Russia, North Korea, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, and Syria. (https://www.bis.doc.gov/index....)
The Tor Project, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.