About the job Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic & Apprentice Positions - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic & Apprentice Positions - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Our Client is looking for dedicated Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanics and Apprentices (from 1st to 4th year) to join their team in Calgary, AB. The role is pivotal for maintaining the safety and functionality of our fleet of garbage trucks.
- Focus on both personal and equipment safety.
- Maintenance of WCC's heavy trucks & equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and standards.
Location: Rocky View County, AB
Compensation and Benefits:
- $42.00 per hour (Regardless of Apprenticeship level or Full License)
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- RRSP matching.
- Allowances for boots and uniforms.
- Training provided for Electric, Emission, Preventative Maintenance, and Servant Leadership.
- Significant opportunities for growth.
- Monday to Friday shifts available, Afternoon and Evening. (3:30 - Midnight)
- Saturday rotation: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Overtime is applicable after 8.5 hours each day.
- Friday's Afternoon Shift: 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm.
- Red Seal License or at least 4th Year Apprenticeship for Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Full Class 5 driver's license.
- Efficient and safe inspection and repair of garbage trucks, support vehicles, and off-road post-collection equipment.
- Ensure all equipment and systems are operational and conduct related repairs.
- Maintain accuracy in work orders and parts charge-outs using an electronic system.
- Record safety checks and tire and brake measurements.
- Adhere to established safety procedures.
- Collaborate under the guidance of senior mechanics and lead hands.
- Learn and service post-collection processing equipment and perform facility tasks as necessary.
Join a company that values hard work, community involvement, and sustainability and offers a competitive compensation package. Step into a collaborative team environment with a "work hard, play harder" culture.
Ready to be part of our team? APPLY NOW!