About the job Registered Nurse
Pay $35 - 54.00/hr
Evenings - 3 PM- 3 AM
The Med-Surg Nurse provides comprehensive care to patients in a medical-surgical setting, monitoring and managing a variety of post-operative and medical conditions. This role demands critical thinking, multitasking, and a deep understanding of patient care best practices.
1. Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care in a medical-surgical environment.
2. Monitor vital signs, wound healing, and patient responses to treatments.
3. Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians.
4. Collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare teams to ensure coordinated care.
5. Educate patients and their families on disease processes, post-operative care, and health maintenance.
6. Document patient care findings, interventions, and outcomes in medical records.
7. Provide emotional support and comfort to patients and their families.
8. Respond to and manage emergencies or complications.
9. Participate in continuous learning and professional development activities.
1. Registered Nurse (RN) license in the applicable state.
2. Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
3. BLS (Basic Life Support) certification; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) may also be required.
4. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
5. Previous med-surg nursing experience is a plus.