About the job Data Scientist at Standard Chartered Bank
About the job
- You will be working in the Global Data Science Innovation Team at Standard Chartered Bank, a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East
What you will be working on:
- Develop innovative machine learning algorithms to optimise business activities across all of the bank’s activities (eg. Sales, Trading, Research, Transaction Banking, Client Coverage and COO Office)
- Combine internal and external data sources to find new improved ways of adding commercial value and gaining a competitive edge
- Deliver predictive outputs and insights to business users in an automated and self-service manner.
- Apply your skills to drive real business outcomes. Your work makes a difference
- A leader and a team culture that fosters diversity
- Be part of Turing Talent programme and receive benefits including leadership training, mentorship and industry networking
- A rewarding career journey with a competitive salary
- Working with an international team on a high-impact project
- Avenue to develop skills, recognition and improve technical expertise
Our Ideal Candidate
- Candidates who are intellectually curious, analytical and willing to learn & take responsibility with day and day and to deliver outputs.
- Good to have experience or training in Python
- Interest to apply your skills in business and financial services settings. Prior experience in banking or financial services NOT required
- Good to have experience or training in machine learning and statistics
- Good to have awareness of Cloud environments and infrastructure
Location: Hong Kong
We encourage everyone to apply, no matter your ethnicity or background. Whether you just changed your career into Data Science, or is a mother returning to education and the workforce, we’d love to hear from you.
About Turing Talent Programme
Founded by people from Google, Facebook, Microsoft and McKinsey, Turing Talent specialises in recruitment in cutting-edge areas such as Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. Different from traditional recruitment, the flagship Turing Talent programme offers leadership training specifically for tech professionals and mentorship alongside your job. www.turingtalent.org