Job Openings Data Scientist - Fraud Detection Team
About the job Data Scientist - Fraud Detection Team
Transak is a developer integration for a fiat-to-crypto payment gateway. This solves the important problem of allowing mainstream people and businesses to access crypto and blockchain. It does this by integrating local compliance, payment methods, and liquidity from around the world. The Transak product is a widget for buying and selling cryptocurrency using fiat currency. This widget can be integrated by 3rd party applications and wallets to allow end users to buy crypto. Transak is backed by top investors and is a profitable and fast-growing company.
Example responsibilities (you may be working on some, but not necessarily all of the below - it's a fast-moving start-up so you will be thrown into the deep end and have a lot of responsibility):
- Development of a risk engine for credit card and payment fraud and money laundering. This would involve a mixture of connecting to different data sources, creating rule-based models, and developing more advanced machine learning models.
- Optimising pricing and liquidity (trading) operations through the use of advanced algorithmic trading techniques.
- STEM or Computer Science background
- Must be able to self-start in a chaotic start up environment
- Experience in data mining, machine-learning and operations research. Can be through university, prior work or internships
- Experience in data visualisation
- Good knowledge of Python
- Strong math and analytical skills, with business acumen
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Interest in fintech and crypto
- Experience with data science or software development in a company through work experience or a previous internship.
Internship Duration: 3-12 months
Preferred Start dates: ASAP
No. of hours per week: Full-time
Are you looking to hire the intern full time, assuming he/she does a good job? Yes
Compensation: £2,000-3,000 GBP/month
Location: Remote or London UK