About the job Housing Counselor
Responsible for providing information and guidance to individuals that will enable them to meet their housing goals. They are well versed in housing options and financial analysis. Housing Counselors must be solutions oriented and problem solvers who are understanding and nonjudgmental. They are the consumers advocate and to better serve the consumer must build relationships with lenders so that they are able to advocate successfully on behalf of the consumers.
· The primary duty of a housing counselor is to determine a homebuyer, homeowner’s or renter’s objectives, goals and needs
· Provides high quality housing counseling services
· Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations
· Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the industry
· Maintains confidentiality of client information as required by agency and/or state and federal regulations