Job Openings Head of Process Engineering
About the job Head of Process Engineering
As the leader of Process Engineering, your main responsibility will be to oversee the manufacturing of urethane and advanced composite products, ensuring quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. You will work closely with other teams to improve processes and implement changes that will enhance product quality, reduce costs, and increase efficiency.
- Develop cost-efficient processes for all new projects based on the Process Map, achieving committed cost, quality, and capability targets.
- Evaluate and optimize current manufacturing equipment to achieve ideal output.
- Ensure compliance with project milestones and early evaluation of serial processes, perform risk analysis, support HSE (e.g. FSS5) conformity, and approve machines and equipment.
- Evaluate product feasibility at the prototype design stage and document results.
- Manage investments, evaluate reuse of assets, perform risk analysis, ensure HSE conformity, and approve capex procedures.
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes for urethane and advanced composite products while adhering to safety, quality, and environmental standards.
- Lead initiatives to improve production efficiency, reduce scrap and rework, and minimize downtime.
- Collaborate with R&D and design teams to develop and implement new product manufacturing processes.
- Analyze data and implement process control measures to maintain product quality standards and ensure consistency of output.
- Lead process validation activities, including conducting validation trials and preparing validation documentation.
- Develop the process engineering team and ensure they have the necessary skills and resources to succeed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers and external partners to leverage their expertise and resources to drive process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering (Masters degree in Chemistry / Chemical Management Preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in process engineering, preferably in a manufacturing environment for urethanes and advanced composites
- Strong experience in Automation and Standardization as well as Industrialization, knowledge about rubber to metal manufacturing (vulcanization mold design, assembly equipment design) desired
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team effectively
- Proven experience in process development, optimization, and validation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience using statistical tools and methodologies to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities and competing demands
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies is preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
- Equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
- Competitive benefits package including health/prescription/dental/vision options, short term disability, long term disability, basic life insurance, additional optional life insurance amounts available including spouse and dependent child coverage, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a company match.
- Full relocation package available for qualified candidates.