About the job Expansion Manager
UpSteam is a platform connecting busy car owners with mobile car washers to make car ownership frictionless. We are a fast-growing startup with over 15k washes done and a 14 million valuation located in Tallinn, Helsinki, and Warsaw. UpSteam is building the future of car-care with innovative car wash solution while being better for the planet.
We are looking for a multi-talent hero who is up for the challenge to become a Expansion Manager at UpSteam! You will be starting off and growing business in a new cities and markets into a minimum viable stage. With all the support from Estonia, you will have a playbook to help with building the necessary infrastructure and teams. You need to absolutely love traveling, startup lifestyle, and hustle as you will be traveling 50% of the time. While the location is Tallinn, you will really be working across EU.
What you’ll be doing:
A lot of traveling (first stop: Warsaw, Poland).
Launching new cities and markets (in the EU).
Hire, setup and build autonomous teams in new markets.
Developing and implementing new expansion strategies.
- Upgrading and optimizing the expansion playbook of UpSteam
- Closing big deals for the critical mass of initial customers (B2B & B2C),
- Other operational tasks to keep the shop open on a new market in the beginning.
We are looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience in startup expansion, growth management or similar role.
- Expert in B2B sales.
- Experience in building multi-role & cultural teams fast.
- Past experience or sincere interest in the mobility sector.
- A self-starter with strong analytical and execution mindset.
- A hustler who is ready to get their hands dirty while starting up the new market.
- Experience understanding Car-care regulatory and legal world is a plus.
- Proficient in English (+ other languages can come in handy).
- Opportunity for Options Package.
- Again...the continuous traveling (it’s fantastic)!
Freedom to decide when you work after becoming autonomous,
Social gatherings with noteworthy individuals,
Hands-On and unique experience from country-wide and cross-country expansion.
Amazing personal growth from scaling and taming a Unicorn in the making,
No corporate bullshit or bureaucracy.
Working as an entrepreneur while being backed by the HQ
- Seriously impactful work from changing customer behavior and integrating a better standard to the car wash market.
You are supported by and will work closely with our Estonian HQ - UpSteam’s founders, management, marketing & development teams and will be awarded according to your results. At first, you will work together with a Founder to learn the specifics of the product, market, and strategy until you become autonomous and can start opening your own new markets.
Our team is packed with smart people who like working together as much as to consider UpSteam its second family. Our people are foremost, learners and go-getters, that never get discouraged by obstacles and have a problem-solving attitude in life. We value independence and accountability while hiring people we want to work with. Our team is well-connected and we organize monthly cross-team cultural events like “UpSteam Family Nights”. We are small enough to care for each other and our customers while being big enough to make a dent in the world.