About the job Junior Accountant (Home-based, Night Shift)
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the companys finances.
The ideal candidate is expected to be detail-oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines. This role is also responsible to handle internal and external accounting functions.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and performs reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 3-4 years of Accounting work experience
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages
Working Hours: Night Shift, Follows Pacific Time Zone
VargasAndrews is an international professional services firm specializing in business transformations and turnarounds.
To put it succinctly, we exist to transform businesses and business owners' lives. We passionately embody our values and our mission every day. We believe in 1) Teamwork and Comradery, 2) Hiring and Developing the Best, 3) Agility and Lean Thinking, 4) Customer Obsession, 5) Innovation and Systemization, and 6) Accountability and Transparency.
A lot of companies use their mission, vision and values as a poster, the difference is we live them. We are a why organization, not a what organization. Its not what we do, its why we do it that gets us up out of bed every morning.
Our vision is to become an international market leader in business transformations.
Why Join Us?
"Working for us means you'll be part of a global workforce of A players, that are passionate, motivated and believe in something. People are either motivated or they are not, we just find those that are and give them direction and support them.
Right from the beginning, you will see the difference. Our recruitment is unique, and thats where it all starts. Great, recruitment is how great teams and companies are made.
We are a network of more than 200 A-Players that are dynamic, yet humble. We are all around the world. We believe in working smart and bringing our A-game to our clients while also being able to spend time with our families. We believe that technology paves the way for work-life integration. This is the future of work. We believe in utilizing all that digital can give us. This ensures we work smarter and not just harder.
To know more about our competitive salary package, second to none working environment, continuous learning and career advancement, click that 'Apply Now' button now.
Follow us on LinkedIn for news and updates about VargasAndrews"