About the job Junior Accountant - UCE Passer - Mexico
Note before application:
- Please attach an English version of your CV.
- The entire recruitment process will be communicated in English.
- This is a full-time contractor role.
- This role is available in the PH, Brazil, Mexico and Peru
- The salary range is between US $1,100.00 - $1,275.00
- Start date is November 2023
VargasAndrews is an international professional services firm specializing in business transformations and turnarounds.
To put it succinctly, we exist to transform lives. We passionately embody our values and our mission every day. We believe in 1) Teamwork and Comradery, 2) Hiring and Developing the Best, 3) Agility and Lean Thinking, 4) Customer Obsession, 5) Curiosity and Systemization, and 6) Ownership and Accountability
A lot of companies use their mission, vision, and values as a poster, the difference is we live them. We are a "why" organization, not a what organization. It is not what we do, it's why we do it that gets us out of bed every morning.
Our vision is to become an international market leader in business transformations.
Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices.
- Update accounts payable, vendor management, and performs reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and month-end required reports.
- Payroll-related tasks such as schedule preparation, monthly or bi-weekly computations, deductions and additions related to the payroll and all other tasks as necessary.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with other accounting projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Uniform Certification Exam (UCE) Passer is required
- 2-3 years of accounting work experience
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills
- Excellent report writing, communication, and knowledge of computer applications related to the work
- Has advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages i.e. QuickBooks, NetSuite, Excel skills, and any other accounting software
- Ability to stay focused on what needs to be done & never lose sight of the end goal.
- Critical thinker with high proficiency in math
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow Pacific Standard Time zone
- 50% - Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded. Update accounts receivable and issue invoices. Update accounts payable and performs reconciliations. Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports. Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- 25% - Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed. Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings. Assists with other accounting projects
- 10% - Accounting process improvement tasks in coordination with the Senior Accountant and Fractional Controller
- 15% - Other accounting tasks- invoicing, billing, taxes, compliance etc. With the guidance of the Senior accountant