About the job Junior Management Consultant with Investment Background
Note before application:
- Please attach an English version of your CV.
- The entire recruitment process will be communicated using English.
- This is a full-time contractor role.
- This role is available in LATAM and Philippines.
VargasAndrews is an international professional services firm specializing in business transformations and turnarounds.
To put it succinctly, we exist to transform lives. We passionately embody our values and our mission every day. We believe in 1) Teamwork and Comradery, 2) Hiring and Developing the Best, 3) Agility and Lean Thinking, 4) Customer Obsession, 5) Curiosity and Systemization, and 6) Ownership and Accountability
A lot of companies use their mission, vision,, and values as a poster, the difference is we live them. We are a why organization, not a what organization. It is not what we do, it's why we do it that gets us out of bed every morning.
Our vision is to become an international market leader in business transformations.
Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Project planning and design - Gantt charting, communications, follow-up
- Assist in preparing business proposals and presentations
- Carry out due diligence, research, and data collection to understand the organization. Analyze business structures to search for inefficiencies that may affect the company's bottom line
- Client interactions including emails, virtual meetings and presentations. Lead both internal and external meetings and scrums
- Project Management: manage client onboarding process and ongoing client engagements via BPM and Gantt, monitoring project deliverables and timelines, managing risks, and escalating issues.
- Financial analysis: understanding of basic accounting concepts and reading financial statements. Find excess spending and locate budget improvements that can increase company revenue
- Process mapping: creating value stream maps, putting together SOPs, developing approval matrices
- Lead and support internal special projects across departments that promote systemization and innovation
- Actively manage investment portfolio and use portfolio management software
- Conduct business and financial due diligence on investment opportunities
- Project planning and design- Gantt charting, communications, follow-up.
- Financial analysis- understanding of basic accounting concepts and reading financial statements.
- Process mapping- creating value stream maps, putting together SOPs, developing approval matrices.
- Client interactions including emails, virtual meetings and presentations.
- Project management.
- Carry out research and data collection to understand the organization.
- Analyze business structures to search for inefficiencies that may affect the company's bottom line.
- Find excess spending and locate budget improvements that can increase company revenue.
- Assist in preparing business proposals and presentations.
- Actively monitor investment portfolios
- Help complete executive summaries detailing performance
- Use portfolio management software to generate portfolio reports and analytics for monthly, quarterly and annual meetings
Typical Qualifications: (education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities typically needed to perform this job)
Education (if beyond High School or equivalent): Bachelors degree in Business Administration and Accountancy, Mathematics, Finance or equivalent
Experience Target (in this job or a related function/field): 2-3 years prior experience working for one of the larger consulting firms I.e., McKinsey, Accenture, etc.
Skills: (identify essential skills and qualitative skills required, and identify additional skills that enable success in performing this job):
- Intermediate working knowledge of O365 Suite.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel skills (VLOOKUP, INDEX(MATCH) Function level).
- Interpersonal skills (Client facing).
- Strong numeric skills, research skills
- Good quantitative and Qualitative Analytical Skills,
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and analytical, innovative, and creative mindset.
- Well-developed core consulting skills of research, analysis, presentation, and attention to detail.
- The candidate must have the ability to provide leadership, vision, and direction to the evolving role of business transformation)
Knowledge/Abilities: (describe type and level of knowledge or ability needed to perform essential job functions and those that enable success in performing this job)
- Proven experience in process improvement.
- Ability to develop effective business relationships both internally and externally.
- Aptitude to grasp new concepts and effectively produce results.
- Ability to influence others and present a positive company image.
- Collaborative work style essential.
- Background in investments
Special Certifications (if appropriate--identify if required to perform the job or just preferred): CFA is an advantage
Travel Required ( % of time, scope of travel (in country, international), transportation mode, special issues): Limited - based on regional ramp needs.
Other: (if appropriate, list anything especially challenging or unique about this position that is needed to be successful in performing this job that is not covered in other areas above) Willing to work on a flexible and shifting schedule, depending on client time zones such as PST/EST