Principal/Management Consultant - Rail Systems - VIRTUE TALENT
A renowned international Consultancy is looking to secure the services of a talented Principal Consultant with significant experience in systems engineering and assurance practice applied to complex, safety-critical, socio-technical systems, particularly in the rail domain.
You will develop and deliver services using advanced systems engineering and assurance practice, and be considered highly experienced in one or more core systems engineering or assurance competency areas.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of projects to clients within the related designated practice.
You will exercise a high degree of independence in approach, considerable originality, ingenuity and judgement in formulating solutions or resolving complex systems assurance issues. Your work products will be accurate and authoritative, requiring no supervision to achieve successful outcomes for our clients.
Your advice and actions are expected to expedite achievements in your areas of expertise.
You will help develop and grow the business in all areas, by assisting with, and leading teams in the tender and sales activities, identifying opportunities for new or follow-on work, following up leads in areas of expertise within and outside your field, and fostering good relationships with clients and potential clients.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Electrical/ Electro-mechanical Engineering, or Electronics or Communication, or similar technical disciplines.
- Master’s degree or professional certifications are advantageous.
- Twelve or more years of systems assurance and engineering consulting, with a proven track record of customer focus, including the ability to foster long-term client relationships.
- Experience leading or guiding multiple large project teams on system scope and technical processes.
- Five years’ experience in the application of systems assurance and RAMS processes in complex projects.
- Five years’ experience in safety-critical software development and a good understanding of high-integrity software development processes and standards.
- Five years’ experience in the rail industry is advantageous.
- Experience interpreting and applying relevant standards in engineering delivery projects (e.g., AREMA, CENELEC, ISO/IEC, IEEE).
- Advanced communication skills, including business writing and presentations.
- Experience in engineering of Mainline or Mass transit systems involving train control, signaling, SCADA or communication deliveries in Railway projects is advantageous.
- Working experience across the full systems engineering lifecycle, from requirements definition through to commissioning of safety critical and high reliability systems.
- Working knowledge of safety demonstration processes.
- Well-developed analytical and judgment skills for solving complex problems and evaluating alternative courses of action.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change control management tools and processes.
- Well-developed client relationship and negotiation skills with excellent leadership and ability to influence at all levels.
Project Teams SCADA Working Experience Assurance Reliability Deliveries Consulting Electronics Commissioning Software Development Presentations Writing Negotiation Software Leadership Communication Engineering Business Sales Management