About the job Drainage & Flood Modelling Technical Leaders/Associates - Multiple roles
Virtue Talent partners with Contractors, Consultancies, EPCM's, PMC's, SME's and Government Agencies to recruit talented engineers and construction professionals to deliver these city-shaping Iconic projects.
We are selective about whom we work with. Subsequently, we partner with organisations that display high employee retention rates, provide clear and well-defined position descriptions, and readily describe their companies' visions, values and culture.
1. Design Manager.
- Leading a design team to work within client requirements
- Demonstrating an understanding of client needs and achieving a good level of client satisfaction.
- Design planning and coordinating with other disciplines to achieve the best for the project outcome.
- Managing drainage design program, resources and budgets
- Design review and checks.
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 8+ years post-graduate experience, preferably in consulting engineering or a similar local/state government role
- Strong record of delivering design for infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of RMS drainage guidelines and Australian Standards applicable to drainage infrastructure essential
- Strong client focus, high level of motivation and dedication, the ability to lead a design team and deliver under pressure
- High level of proficiency using relevant design software
- Chartered or near chartered engineer status preferred
- Strong communication skills are essential
2. Senior/Lead Flood Modeller/Engineer.
- Conduct hydrological and hydraulic investigations and designs for a wide range of studies transport and infrastructure projects, floodplain management, water balance modelling, stormwater management
- Support the delivery of water resources projects locally and nationally
- Provide technical expertise and support to the engineering and environment team
- Work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams to support the delivery of design solutions that meet client and community expectations.
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Experience in Hydrologic / Hydraulic modelling systems
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local legislation, regulatory frameworks, and policy, and experience applying it to achieve practical outcomes in the field of water resources
- Demonstrated expertise in writing high-level technical reports, conference papers and presentation of technical material
- Competence in the development of hydrology and hydraulic models in line with scope requirements
- Ability to integrate design solutions with other disciplines in the transport sector, i.e. road design, drainage design, rail design and structural design.
- Ability to guide more junior staff in the preparation of models and reports
International innovative engineering practice offering stability, flexibility, collaboration, interesting projects and realistic remuneration packages.
There are too many to mention! Your consultant will run through the benefits programme pre resume submission.
We believe we work with some extremely level-headed and flexible businesses that have been proven to value and invest in their employees future. We genuinely place for the long-term, with the T's and C's being the best outcome for everyone involved.
Transparency, confidentiality, respect and a mutually beneficial outcome is the objective with all of our placements.
Applications are strictly confidential. Your resume will not be distributed without prior communication and consent. Every applicant will receive a response from Virtue Talent.
We partner with you as much as we partner with our customers - we are facilitators, assisting and advising you where we can every step of the way.
Please read some of our many reviews on LinkedIn and our website links below.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, applications are only open to those with Australian Citizenship or Permanent residency who are onshore at the time of the application.
https://www.virtuetalent.com/ | https://www.careers-page.com/virtue-talent https://www.linkedin.com/company/virtue-talent https://www.linkedin.com/in/virtue-talent/
Virtue Talent partners with equal opportunity employers who value diversity and inclusion.