About the job Defence Engineering Consultant (Safety/Systems) - VIRTUE TALENT
Providing expert systems engineering and safety expertise to Air, Land and Sea - the company provides innovative engineering solutions to complex Transport, Defence and Medical Systems challenges.
The role in brief:
Influence the design, operation and maintenance of complex systems to ensure that technical risks are identified, communicated and managed; and that the safety of those using or relying on the system is not compromised.
Grow and develop in this one-team collaborative environment with proven high staff retention rates (average tenure 7 years). Don’t be siloed in one industry or specialism – broaden your skills across multi-faceted engineering disciplines and industries.
- A 4-year Bachelor Degree or a 3-year technical degree in engineering and is, or is capable of becoming, a member of Engineers Australia at the grade of Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist.
- 5-10 years of experience in engineering analysis and system safety.
- Contributed to the identification of safety-related risks during design/production /commission/disposal of systems or plant with experience in techniques including HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA/FMECA, Bow Tie etc.
- Operated within and have an understanding of an ISO31000 Risk Management framework.
- Understanding of Rail and International System Safety standards, particularly EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129.
- An Australian citizen and capable of obtaining an Australian Security Clearance to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1
- Excellent client management/stakeholder engagement skills.
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of business development.
- Previous Defence or Rail experience.
- Previous experience in a Consulting environment.
- Meaningful projects that will help shape our country’s defence and transportation infrastructure
- Competitive salary packaging and company profit-sharing scheme.
- 4 weeks annual leave and the ability to purchase 1 week of additional leave each year.
- A mature working environment with flexible start and finish times.
- Opportunities to diversify your experience with work across different sectors.
- Support to obtain Chartered Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineering Technologist through Engineers Australia.
VIRTUE TALENT PTY LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all backgrounds.