Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer - Rail/Defence/Space
Leaders in systems thinking, this innovative organisation helps their clients clearly define the complex problems they are facing and design solutions they can trust using approaches based on best practices gleaned from around the world.
They use it in Defence, to help protect the Australian way of life. They use it in space, to deliver emerging capabilities in a rapidly expanding sector. They use it in transport and energy to help governments and organisations make better decisions.
Due to continued growth, their opportunities available for Systems Engineers and Senior Systems Engineer to lead and apply senior technical expertise to projects across our key industries as a senior member of our highly skilled engineering team.
This opportunity would suit someone:
- Who can work in a highly client focussed environment, that involves meeting facilitation, client liaison and travel to client sites
- Is capable of drawing upon a broad range of experiences to carry out complicated tasks in a fully flexible and adaptable manner, planning, analysing and making sound decisions independently if required.
- has developed their interpersonal style and leadership skills sufficiently to develop trusted relationships with the client, assuming both technical and project management responsibilities and leading a team of people.
- Whose professional development is aimed at developing a deep specialism and/or broad knowledge across a technical or professional area.
- Has achieved/ is eligible for full professional membership (CPEng, CEng, etc.) of a relevant body or similar accreditation (CSEP) in recognition of the breadth of their experience
Desired Skills and Experience
As our newest team member you will have:
- Australian Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) or higher or willingness to obtain
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent, currently accredited or able to be considered for accreditation with Engineers Australia
- Exposure to all aspects of the engineering lifecycle
- Significant project management and technical engineering experience on complex projects
- Capacity to problem solve and make decisions in the face of uncertainty
- Experience in the coaching and/or mentoring of junior professionals.
A relevant masters degree and/or CSEP accreditation with the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), as well as a security clearance at NV2 or PV is highly desirable.
Please note: Australian Citizenship is a prerequisite for application for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Development Environment Facilitation Membership Drawing Energy Mentoring Travel Coaching Security Project Management Leadership Engineering Planning Design Management